Pound cakes get a bad rap for being a little plain. But I don’t it see that way. I see pound cake as a great starting base for a delicious dessert! (Especially when you’re not master baker, like myself, and could you use a little extra help in the kitchen.) Normally, I serve pound cake with a scoop of ice cream on top, or a heap of strawberries and whipped cream, and call it a day. But today I wanted to be a little more adventurous, and try something new. That’s when I found Sara Lee’s Recipe for S’mores Pound Cake Squares – Genius! I knew this easy recipe would be a family hit!
To start off you will need Sara Lee’s All Butter Pound Cake. It comes frozen, so be sure to check for it in the frozen aisle. To bring this easy fire-side dessert to life you will also need - marshmallows, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and peanuts. (FYI: I had to sprinkle on the peanuts at the very end, because I was the only one who wanted some, but the recipe calls for them to be mixed in.) Overall, this dessert was SUPER easy to make, and it tastes just as delicious as you think it would! This is one family-approved treat FOR SURE!
- 1 (10.75 ounces) package Sara Lee® Frozen Pound Cake thawed
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanuts chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray a 13×9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray. Cut pound cake into 15 slices. Place in the bottom of a 13×9-inch baking pan cutting to fit, if needed.
- Sprinkle marshmallows, chocolate chips and peanuts evenly over pound cake.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until marshmallows are melted and lightly toasted.
- Cool; cut into squares.
#spon: I'm required to disclose a relationship between our site and Sara Lee. This could include the Sara Lee providing us w/content, product, access or other forms of payment.