Friday, July 5, 2013
At-home manicures are quick, easy, and affordable - but the drying time can be painfully frustrating! We all know smudges, nicks, and scratches occur when we don't allow our nails to fully dry, but being completely hands-free for 2 hours is unacceptable! So what do we do when air drying just isn't cutting it?
Well, to remedy this our favorite mani brands have come up with a variety of quick drying products, but my favorite happen to be nail drops. They are very easy to use and are quite effective in my opinion! If you've never used dry drops before I would suggest you place a towel underneath your hands before application since some of the product might drip down.
To start, simply place the drops at the base of the nail bed and wait for the product to make its way down to the tips. Wait a few minutes and you're done! (I should mention that some drops take longer than others to dry, but for the most part the drops should cut your drying time in record time!)
Without further ado - here are my favorite quick nail drops, including the one I swear by the most!
1. Sephora by OPI Nail Colour Drying Drops - dry nails to the touch in one minute, and completely in five minutes, with just one or two drops per nail. As an added bonus, nourishing ingredients, vitamin E and jojoba oil keep nails in top condition. (find it here)
2. Sally Hansen Salon Manicure Dry & Go Drops - leave nails dry to the touch in 60 seconds and sets them completely in under 2 minutes. Protects nails and nourishes cuticles with vitamin E and jojoba formula. (find it here)
3. Julep Quick Dry Polish Drops - A few of these game-changing quick-dry drops will leave your manicure touchably smudge-free much sooner. Includes conditioning ingredients such as Vitamin E and Sweet Almond Oil to nourish and hydrate nails. (find it here)
4. Essie Quick-E Drying Drops - Penetrates nail polish to quickly reduce drying time and protect nails from smudges, nicks and scratches. Formaldehyde and Toluene free, quick-e is perfect for natural, artificial and sensitive nails. Silicone adds shine while accelerating the drying time (find it here)
5. Zoya Fast Drops Drying Drops -These are my fave drying drops!! These phenomenal bubble-preventing drops completely dry your topcoat, polish and base coat fast and enhance color vibrancy. Color stays fresh and gorgeous for up to two weeks. (find it here)