Thursday, December 15, 2011
I'm not Italian, but my love of pasta and all things Italian would have you fooled. I love trying out new recipes and picking up tips from chef's like Giada De Laurentiis. Her show is one of my favorites to watch, so I was super excited to hear about her exclusive collection with Target!
Her line features beautifully designed kitchen tools that would be a perfect holiday gift for the kitchen lover or aspiring chef on your list. Simple and stylish--just like her, these everyday essentials make cooking look good!
I really enjoyed using Giada's Collection for my everyday use and even for some holiday entertaining, and I know you will to! From her ceramic cookware to ground coffee and specialty foods--everything is wonderfully made with a simple, yet modern twist.
And because I'm such a coffee lover, I thought I'd share this great spiced coffee recipe, that's perfect for the holidays. Enjoy!
Spiced Coffee with Cinnamon Whipped Cream
Recipe Courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• ¼ tsp ground allspice
• ¼ tsp of ground cinnamon, plus more for dusting
• ¼ tsp ground ginger
• 1 cup boiling water
• 1 cup brewed Giada De Laurentiis for Target Giada Blend Coffee
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 2 tbsp confectioners’ sugar
1. In a small sauce pan combine the granulated sugar and ½ cup of water. Bring to a boil over medium heat and reduce heat to low.
2. Add allspice, cinnamon and ginger. Simmer for 5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
3. Take the pan off the heat and set aside.
4. In a heat proof pitcher or measuring cup add the boiling water to the coffee /espresso. Divide it among four 6 to 8 oz cups.
5. Add 2 tablespoons of the spiced syrup to each cup and stir to combine.
6. Using an electric mixer with a whisk attachment beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add confectioners’ sugar and continue to beat until stiff.
7. Top each with a dollop of whipped cream – dust with cinnamon and add cinnamon stick.
Yield: 4 servings/ 4 (6-8 oz) cups
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Disclosure: I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Giada De Laurentiis for Target and received product samples to facilitate my review.
Labels: family dining